Events & Meetings - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
APIs and Web Services in the Era of Digital Business Transformation
Thursday, April 13, 2017, 5:30 PM until 8:00 PM
2645 McGavock Pike
Nashville, TN 37214
Payment In Advance Or At Event
Registrants & Fees
Regardless of the industry, customers expect self-service convenience through mobile apps, websites, and online portals. This requires organizations to focus on expanding customer engagement and improving business insight. But, how does an enterprise that relies on the IBM i make the leap into this era?
In this session, Jeff will discuss the foundations of APIs in the IBM i environment. Learn how other companies go beyond simply re-skinning their existing applications to create leading edge mobile or web user experiences that seamlessly interact with their vital IBM i infrastructure. You will learn:
• What are APIs? What about REST and SOAP?
• The advantages and disadvantages of each
• Extending” your IBM i applications with APIs
• Best practices when matching API modernization to the way users work
• Rocket’s approach: generating web services for the IBM i without changing a single line of RPG code